Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Next Four Years

Last week I received funding offers from both UC Santa Cruz and George Mason University. I weighed my options for several days, but really only needed one. As of this afternoon, I have accepted the offer from George Mason.  My choice reflects a passion for understanding that began to stir within me not long after high school. George Mason's economics program emphasizes methodology and political economy and is a nice fit for my interests. I plan to concentrate in monetary theory and new institutions.

Chris Coyne got back to me with a reading list. In the spirit of Armen Alchian's recent passing, my first book of the summer will be Armen Alchian and William R. Allen's Exchange and Production, Competition, Coordination and Control.

No comments:

Post a Comment